Monday, November 7, 2011

We are so lucky!

So, yesterday after sacrament we dropped Dawson off at nursery. He has started loving going and can't wait to see sister Rice every week. And then we headed to Sunday School. After church we went to pick him up and the teachers said we need to talk to you guys. I was like okay now what...apparently last week he hit a girl. She proceeded to tell us that Dawson was lost. The leaders reassured me that he was back and safe but that somehow he managed to get out and nobody knew he was missing. Apparently a random primary teacher happened to be in the hall, luckily, and saw him walking outside around the building and brought him back to the nursery. Now, at this point I am like totally freaking out thinking of all the terrible things that could have happened to my little buddy. It's a very big nursery and quite frankly there probably aren't enough leaders. I have no idea how he managed to get out. He was playing in the room on Saturday morning while we were cleaning the church and he couldn't get out so it's all really strange. Anyway the moral of the story is we are so lucky that nothing happened and that he is safe. And so grateful that he was protected. Funny side note I asked him where he was going after we got home and he said to the park. There is a park that is fairly close to the church and he is such an adventurous little guy. I feel so bad for the poor nursery leaders. I know they felt terrible. It was just kind of a crummy situation. However, we can now add Houdini to his resume. :)

6 comments:

Jordan and Luke Stephenson said...

Omg. That's so strange that he got out! Glad he's ok!

anna said...

how scary! I can't believe they didn't tell you before church was over! Glad everything is ok now though, we miss you guys!

Hedins said...

I was expecting something great to be announced in this post...like you won $1,000 or Mike is graduating in December instead of May. You are lucky, but it shouldn't have happened! We just got put in nursery, and I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on the door. So glad Dawson is ok.

me and him said...

serious?? wow. looks like you might be volunteering for the "door portal" calling. heck, you might catch a few teenagers too! :)

me and him said...

*i mean patrol. not portal. hehe.

Shaun and Emily said...

Oh my goodness! Glad he was safe!